Saturday, April 18, 2009

Going Hard for the LORD

The most God-glorifying CD I have ever heard is Lecrae's newest album, Rebel. I have never seen a musician with as much passion and genuine love for God as Lecrae, and these traits are stunningly displayed throughout his CD! My favorite line on the whole album is from the song "Go Hard" -
"Take me out the game, Coach, I don't want to play no more, if I can't give it all I got and leave it out there on the court"
This statement describes - with wonderful precision - how I feel about God and my blazing desire to serve Him with everything that I am! I used to play a lot of basketball growing up, and I know what an amazing feeling it is to fight with everything you have and come out victorious at the end of a game. How much more satisfying would it be to be able to do this for the glorious Lord of Heaven and Earth! Like Lecrae, I feel like I don't even want to bother playing if I can't give God the best of the firstfruits of my life (Exodus 23:19). God is worth more to me than everything I could ever give Him, and laying my life down for the Gospel is the only way my meager life can bring Him the glory He so exceedingly deserves!

1 comment:

  1. I just came across what looks like a great example of young people "Going hard for the LORD." It's two 19-year-old twins from Portland, Oregon who started "The Rebelution" when they were just 16, which has now become a national and even global movement among teenagers. Their motto is "Do Hard Things," which is also the name of their book they published in 2008. And the verse they picked as the theme of their revolution is perfect:

    "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity." (1 Timothy 4:12)

    Here's a short description taken from their book's synopsis:

    "With over 16 million hits to their website TheRebelution.com, Alex and Brett Harris are leading the charge in a growing movement of Christian young people who are rebelling against the low expectations of their culture by choosing to "do hard things" for the glory of God."

    ReplyDelete